Wednesday, May 02, 2007

CanPo at the Atwater, and other random things

Went to the Atwater Library today for a workshop on urban gardens (rooftop, parking lot, etc. Neat!) and while there I asked about their CanPo section, as I'd heard it was fabulous and extensive. There was -one-row-. That said, there were some pretty tasty selections and I plan to do this: each Saturday or Sunday spend one hour reading one of the books, perhaps in order. I need to get some reading in. Been awhile since I indugled in some CanPo. Too busy with the languages.

I have to learn Latin paradigms for tomorrow. And some vocabulary. It's day 2 of class. This intensive class is gonna kill me. Ah well.

Just went to see the movie Waitress. It's cute. If you like pie, you'll be hungry later. Apparently, I look like Keri Russell. A Keri Russell that's fatter, shorter, and not so pretty, to be exact.

4 Comments:

Blogger Susannah M. Smith said...

Hi Wanda,
I like Keri Russell and was crushed when Felicity was cancelled.
It is great that you're learning Greek & Latin. Old things are good.
My blog is up now...
Susannah

11:42 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Fantastico! Or should I rephrase: Do tui laudo! Ok, my latin is not up to snuff just yet. Much better with Greek (I tend to prefer those rougher languages).

Keri Russell is cool for sure.

Old things are even cooler.

Ancient lit and philosophy are truly where it's at. I'm dying over Longinus, The Apology, Lucretius, Marcus Aurelius... you name it. Not to mention Homer, Sappho, Virgil... it never ends. (Now, to find a job in all this. Looking so forward to a dissertation where I can explode into these ideas....)

1:27 a.m.  
Blogger Susannah M. Smith said...

miss wanda, i can only assume you're a fan of the great anne carson. does she still teach in montreal?

12:15 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Oh yes, quite the fan. No, she's in the states, University of Michigan (http://www.umich.edu/~classics/directories/faculty.html#carson)... making lots of money, or buying new spiffy leather jackets, so my classics prof tells me (he was fortunate enough to have studied with her at McGill for his undergrad). I love my classics prof.

Maybe liking her is some kind of cult.

9:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter