Monday, April 23, 2007

The melting poet

I don't know what I am doing with poetry.
I don't know why I can't write this looong essay that's already overdue.
I will miss my boyfriend when he goes away for three weeks to Florida.
I have to arrange a job interview this week, sign my tax forms, arrange an out-of-province application for school, buy cat food, buy people food, finish my laundry, pay my car registration (that is 8 months overdue. I dread the late fees), send a thank-you letter for my recent bursary award, send a thank-you letter for my recent English essay award, reformat my computer (damn virus), exercise (it's been a month!), re-sole my shoes (kidding), redo resume for job interview Wednesday, work for professor at least 6 hours by Friday, feed the cats, refill bird feeders on back patio, send in passport application, return library books, mail dress to 6-month old niece, arrange appointments to rent room by next SUNDAY.

I can do it. I am a melting poet.

all you can eat is cheaper
than
all you can want

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey wanda, it's susannah m. smith! we met in ottawa back when we both lived there... nice to stumble upon your blog through rob's list of writers who blog. hope your studies are going well. a good friend of mine is studying writing at concordia as well, leanne tonkin. maybe you've met?
all the best,
susannah

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Hey Susannah! Where the heck are you? I've got some lovely photos of our dancing together in the kitchen (if you remember...).

Don't know Leanne. what program? I'm doubling in Classics and Poetry.

Great to hear from you--look me up if in Montreal!

11:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi wanda! i think leanne's in creative writing and maybe theatre. yes, i recall the kitchen dancing now that you've jogged my memory. good times. these days i'm in vancouver doing a masters in library studies and trying to finish book #2. i'm going to get a blog going soon. want me to email and let you know when it's up?

12:05 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Library studies. Interesting?
Fantastic you're at work on #2--best of luck!
Yes, blog aware me, indeedy.
Hope the weather's fine out there and there's plenty of muse to be found. Montreal's enjoying it's change of seasons: from winter to summer.

7:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter