Monday, April 09, 2007

I just love it when "poets" use their "poetry" to send messages of disdain toward the one or the many.

Poets SPEAK THE TRUTH. Get over yourselves and out with it.

It also thrills me to take a poetry workshop where only "types" of poetry are considered "good" poetry. Imagine a poem without a "form". Oh my God! It's formless! I don't understand it! It must be crap! No, don't bother reading up on it. Don't dare invest in scholarship. Why, ignorance is bliss.

"the combination of wonder and astonishment always proves superior the merely persuasive and pleasant"

"Hyperbaton... is an arrangement of words or thoughts which differs from the normal sequence... it is a very real mark of urgent emotion"

Longinus, On Sublimity

Fuck you, "poetry academia"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never understood how people could become so closed to things out of their ordinary. Some pretty extraordinary stuff exists out there, and a lot doesn't fit into an existing box.

1:32 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

here here!

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger jul said...

lol I love it! I dug up your blog when I saw it mentioned on facebook that you had one. Hope you don't mind me checking in but I have a blog myself (half journal half god thoughts)and am always looking for new reading. I used to write lots of poetry but I write songs more often now, if I get a chance to write anything at all. Looking forward to reading your stuff here.

8:57 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, but write more if you believe in the truth...

8:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter