Thursday, March 23, 2006

a few things about my eyes I'd like to change

there is this cylinder shaft that bends around like elbows
starts an eye to watering

a cool tube of liquid salt. it parts like seaweed,
a sea's hand combs through it

the tunnels of water are tall enough to surf on
and block the view

this eye, a gelled pad. it floats in its wet socket
unplugged and circuit-free

when frightened, eyes curl up into little cats
and wind themselves tight to hollowed strings

balls like this apple I hold in the palm of my hand
which is my eye. it is small like an eye and fits into the cupped space as it should

the apple is hard and does not melt, even though I know it to be soft
and smelling sweet

the eye like a wet sort of flesh against the tongue

4 Comments:

Blogger alan said...

hello misswanda
i'm returning your visit
nice poem
rather surrealistic?

8:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you inspire me! the proof:

ONE LUCKY GAL

"hey classy lassie!"
half a smile
just one finger
THUMB COCKED.
the wink & cluck

xxx Mandy

3:15 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Hi Alan. Yup, it's surreal alright. I imagine whenever one compares an eye to anything abstract, it can hardly be approached on a level of realism. But, funny enough, I strive for realism within the boundless flux of, well, everything. I also debate whether that is achieved or not, or even can be. Too, this poem needs work. I threw it on the blog to encourage me to give it some more attention!

I like your Web site. It has a lot of neat things on it that I also enjoy filling up my spaces with. Glad I found it.

Mandy, I'm really confused by your post. Do you mean to say I'm only worth half a smile? Are you flicking your thumb at me? Do I need to resolve something with pistols?

11:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter