Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lefurgey

I hereby do bequeath my love to the following items.

a parlour stove, one lamp
a fist full of hair from the darker horse.

one dwelling
a house

7 hours of visits at the lounge table

1 riding sleigh.

6 chairs and a harness
to hold you in

a carpet, a bed
1 set of slightly worn slippers
or sheets
take your pick

the tall clock on the north wall that rests against its shadow in the open kitchen;
the north wall

our saturday mornings
our saturday afternoons

lemon meringue pie
plate

as for money
I can give you what I have
three hundred dollars to be paid in instalments of twenty dollars a year
commencing one year after
the bills are paid

signed in the year of our lord nineteen hundred and a day.

7 Comments:

Blogger bee said...

it's beautiful.
i love this, wo. i'll tell you why in person.

8:10 p.m.  
Blogger functional nomad said...

$20 a month after the bills are paid? sounds like the kind of funding set up by the league of canadian poets.

gb

10:10 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

thanks b.

fn: if only they'd give me 20/mth. They won't even return my phone calls.

10:48 p.m.  
Blogger functional nomad said...

Well, seeing as I haven't yet paid off my bills -- I am guaranteed to be disqualified!

To be honest, the funding sitch (from what i've seen) are distinctly prohibitive. I suspect it is designed to help a few insiders get funded from the pool of money they collect from schmucks like me that get none.

Ha ha -- I'm not bitter. I'm just out $175.

GB

7:45 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, when can I come to CANADA and buy you a drink?

3:54 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

fn: What would happen if we, say, started giving them money? (Reverse something or other) Wait, what am I saying.

7:13 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

cc: hell, anytime. I should really put some reading together or something for you and some of your kind. We should really be talking about things. In person too.

7:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter