Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I'm off to New York til Monday. I'll leave you all with some very sweet words from Mr. Artie Gold (Montreal poet, for those of you not in the know). Oh Artie, will you ever read again and will I be present to soak it up? Hope so.

the illegal swimmer

Not realizing the night,
accepting the cold the water's arrogance

breaking into the water; intruding
in an element with no love
so men are fooled and drowned.

mercury it will slide,
rush up our bodies;
and we are returned to earth.

my foot feels the water
slide never embracing it
steps aside.

we might sooner cherish silver.



This is my dress for the Met. I have to hem it tonight. It's already 10:30. Oh my.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter