Sunday, June 18, 2006

Lexicon

The Lexicon Jury series is coming to an end. One last reading coming up this week--wish I could have made it out. In my stead, I send along this poem. Considering I'd not had the opportunity to attend even one of the readings, I envision an evening's content,


I imagine

a hold, a time, a holding and a line
in the word words workings and the wording
a cumulative rejoice

the spaces the open the wide wide open the in between
little territories
little movements
a landslide
a laugh

a falling. a picking up.

I imagine the hard backed chair
hard backed talk
and softer leanings

leaning in leaning over leaning out of and around
the realism, the portrait,
the disguise

there was meaning
there was meant
and open, again
(it was space that was open)

a navigation
a there, then,

a language I had never been to



Montreal is still operating at level intimidation right now, or I'd very much like to begin an affectionate embrace of a series bending lines and cornering expectation and possibility. Maybe one day that strength will arrive.

2 Comments:

Blogger a.rawlings said...

thanks, wanda! hope montreal's series-space opens up to play soon.

11:04 a.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Thanks a. I hope to be up to the challenge soon enough. But I seem to be a careful, slow mover these days.

1:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter