Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bloomsday: Joycer's Unite

I'll be performing a (short) piece of drama from the last part of Ulysses, Molly Bloom's soliloquy, this Friday at O'Regan's Irish Pub in Montreal (June 16th) at 6:00pm. Similar to the one I performed at the Irish Embassy in Ottawa three years ago, if some of you reading this were there. For those of you who don't know, I used to be an actor and VP with the Ottawa Irish theatre The Tara Players, so I suppose this is my attempt to insert myself into the Montreal community.

The evening will be "betted by a gang of James Joyce afficionados in the guise of Joyce, with a hearty stew of readings, songs, music, anecdotes, and items with a historical twist focused on the great Irish writer." There will even be someone exploring the "Joyce - Beckett connection, in this centenary of Beckett."

O'Regan's is at 1224 Bishop, Montreal, (514) 866-8464.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter