Saturday, May 20, 2006

It is late in the morning or early in the day. Hollywood tells me new lies. Or old ones I'd forgotten. Or, it is sex.












Tortoise Shout

I thought he was dumb,
I said he was dumb,
Yet I have heard him cry.

First faint scream,
Out of life's unfathomable dawn,
Far off, so far, like a madness, under the horizon's dawning
        rim,
Far, far off, far scream.

Why were we crucified into sex?
Why were we not left rounded off, and finished in our-
        selves,
As we began,
As he certainly began, so perfectly alone?

A far, was-it-audible scream,
Or did it sound on the plasm direct?

Worse than the cry of the new-born,
A scream,
A yell,
A shout,
A paean,
A death-agony,
A birth-cry,
A submission,
All tiny, tiny, far away, reptile under the first dawn.

...

D.H. Lawrence

(I think I am in love with too many dead guys.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter