Monday, January 29, 2007

Return

Latest writer Web site creation: www.elizabethhay.com

Ottawa was fantastic. Thanks to everyone who provided such kind compliments and feedback on my work. & thanks to John M. for taking such a nice pic of me reading, to rob for inviting me to be there. Great talks with Stephen Brockwell--was sorry that I had to rush off. Perhaps Stephen will visit me in Montreal, introduce me to Peter Van Toorn? I truly miss Ottawa from time to time and it's good to return now and then. I hope someone will have a warm and welcoming poetry party soon and invite me (Claire? Stephen, bring your banjo... I'll be upstairs, dancing to the Sex Pistols).

Thinking...

Poetry as incorporating both visible and invisible elements: imagery, metaphor, concepts, ideas. Why do so many consider a poem successful only if they understand it completely? I say there is something intriguing about a metaphor that continues long past a hearing/reading of it. Why can't an "invisible" metaphor signal just as much pleasure as a "visible" one? I can't say how many times a direct poem complete with lacklustre narration has bored me entirely. I consider it success to polish an image until it shines, captivating my own imagination, coupling it with figurative language, mellifluous sound.

On another note, a friend of mine is looking to buy some land, possibly in Wakefield, Val-des-Monts area. 2+ acres, if anyone had any leads, please email me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter