Tuesday, January 02, 2007


I had a small winter adventure in the Gatineau Hills hiking and mucking about in 1/2 an inch of snow. Where oh where is all the snow? I had planned on snowshoeing. No such luck.

Laid in the snow for awhile. It was packy, snowman snow. Left my body imprint somewhere in the hills.

Didn't really visit with anyone. Only had a two day visit. Was working a couple of jobs so couldn't really stay longer. And now, school starts tomorrow. Will discuss possibility of an honours with a prof, meet with another prof about the research job, attend modern to postmodern philosophy class (even though I have no room to take it--thinking maybe I can sit in. I'm short, they're likely not to notice). Then, archaeology class at night. Three classes on Thursday. Must complete Greek midterm to hand in by noon! My wee little break is over. Have set up two reading areas in my little home. They're delicious and warm.

Off to work on Greek! Read some poetry, hope to invoke the muse I've been purposely neglecting. Needed a break I think. Or time for the sinking feelings I've had about the art to subside. Not quite there yet. But not giving up either.

Got a new journal for Christmas given to me affectionately. The best kind of offering.

Now, what to write?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

I too was in Ottawa over the holidays for a few days. Went to see my brand new beautiful nephew for his very first Christmas. He had no idea what was going on of course. But he glowed with Christmas brilliance.

So don't burn up on re-entry eh!
;-)
Although I think I have. Just wrote my first comp exam. What the hell did I read all those books for!!! Six hours of writting didn't even caress the surface!

Take care Wanda,
Happy New Year.

11:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

writing damn it!
told ya I was toast!

Tobin

11:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter