Thursday, October 21, 2010

tiny dancer

Awareness, the hyperreal, fragmentation, performing self, reflections, obscure and transparent light, labyrinthine constructions, centering, balance, the breath between chaos and order, alienation, rebirth..... these are just a few of the words that came up today during my visit with my homeopath as we navigate the 'me' that 'is', attempting to decipher what kind of an "organism" I am (her choice of word, and interesting at that) in the process of finding a remedy for my sleepy thyroid. What strikes me, what shocked me, about these terms (of which there were plenty more) is the close resemblance they bear to actual essay topics I've engaged over the last few years. As if I've been writing myself out of a mystery, merely to become entwined again into an alternate universe of mysteries.

We are such fascinating creatures, us turtles, clams and elephants. Such magnificent things.

It also turns out that my love, obsession rather, with miniatures allows me the ideal perspective and additionally calms my soul. Love tiny spoons and books. I could spend all day in this library, tending the fire and running my fingers along the tiny leather spines.



To create a little flower is the labor of ages
~Blake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter