Wednesday, February 28, 2007

In the mood for something different

Theology
Ted Hughes

No, the serpent did not
Seduce Eve to the apple.
All that's simply
Corruption of the facts.

Adam ate the apple.
Eve ate Adam.
The serpent ate Eve.
This is the dark intestine.

The serpent, meanwhile,
Sleeps his meal off in Paradise --
Smiling to hear
God's querulous calling.


-----------------------------

Found out my Classics essay (on self-abjection in Sophocles' Philoctetes) isn't due til next week--woo! Only have Archaeology midterm tomorrow night to worry about now. Did a Greek test this morning--over and done with. Only have Greek translation to hand in on Thursday now, on Herakles. Fun!

Still living in surreality... result of spending 8 hours on a commercial set living a false reality. How strange it is to return to the real world sometimes. Felt the same after the 3 week run of Glass Menagerie. Wait, what the hell am I doing. I have to study for my midterm.

Then why do I want to read Charles Olson all of a sudden? Archaeology is interesting damnit! I need to tell my brain to calm down. It will be sated with some Olson, soothed, later on. Now, to work on stylobates and ionic orders, geometric designs and archaic sculpture. yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter