Thursday, December 08, 2005

I really should be sleeping

But I'm not.
So, doing some looking into my past. I worked at a little place called Snider Mountain in Sussex N.B. in my youth. Summer job at a kids camp. Ranch, in fact. I slept in a cloth covered wagon. No kidding. Lotsa horses to make me sneeze too. Wish I had room to keep a horse. In Montreal, imagine.

Anyway, also peeked into a city I used to live in. Fredericton N.B. Went to high school there, oldest h.s. in the English commonwealth, they told us. FHS (interesting fact about the school on their "facts page": In 1883, Bliss Carmen (the famous poet) was an assistant teacher at F.H.S.). I used to sit at his grave and write teenage thoughts. Neat. Thought I'd check out the goings on in F'ton too. Seems they have a pothole problem. Aw, the maritimers are so up front about their issues, god love em.

This is where I'm from, where me family lives: Hillsborough N.B.--in Albert County. We have a railway. Yep, I'm a country girl. Miss the hell out of that place.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. That wouldn't have been a kids camp that had something to do with a sphere and a block would it? ;-)

10:06 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Ah yes, the sphere and the block. How fitting.

I especially liked the zip line, and the time I got stung by wasps spying on Justin Miller and some girl smooching behind the covered bridge. They weren't supposed to be doing that. But neither was I. Maybe they got stung right after me.

11:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Nothing like the judjment of God in the sting of a wasp! ;-)

I would have liked the zipline more if it didn't plung one into a sea of leaches! I especially liked the trampoline.

And talk of Justin Miller reminds me of Carry Miller: the time he dressed and groomed as the spitting image of Ed Grimly and thrashed on stage with his cowplops to Christian punk metal for his bunk skit. Ahhh divinity did break through at that mountain retreat timeless a time. ;-)

1:16 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Holy crap, I haven't thought of that stuff in ages! ha! Bunk skits. ha. Ed Grimly, jeez I wish I could remember that. Wonder what he's doing now, ole Justin.

Here's to Christian punk metal! Man, did we have any idea what the hell we were doing back then? And what lack of explanation we were given about real life! We were so enclosed in that safe little bubble of God. (Wait, was that the point? Shelter them from the world so that they know not what's in it..etc.) Not the best educational approach.

I would give anything to be back there right now. Divinity or no. We should have a damn reunion. I'll even wear that old clown costume and roll around in the horse shit, all for good times sake. Then later, we can steal the go-carts and roll em on the ole dirt road!

I bet the place hasn't changed a bit. Love that about the country.

3:44 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Reunion!

Brilliant!

I'd love to come roll in the shit myself! There's something potent, primordial, repulsive, fertile, base, cosmogonic, fun, stupid . . . oh, and real life . . . about that. Now that's a God bubble worth bursting! ;-)

Ha! That's something I'VE not thought of for some time! I remember Jack and Jill did the old clown skipping, shit rolling thing at many a rodeo!

Fun times I tell ya. Fun times.

Tobin
(same bloke as above)
(sorry for the delayed response!)

10:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter