Friday, November 18, 2005

I found something that somewhat relates to that jwcurry reading a few weeks back. Picture this scene, except the man is smashing letters, not simply arranging some arbitrary collection to force a word. And, naked. This specific work is representative of the performance score "Imponderability" by Fernando Aguiar (his "what's your war?" series I find particularly interesting). I love the energy of a sound performance. Why aren't there more? I think I can answer that.

I think I'm going to see some real live "hoofing" tap dancers Saturday night. And only for $5! Some kind of tribute to the late Gregory Hines. He tapped his way into my heart in the film White Nights, with Mikail Barishnikov. What a movie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your poetry is beautiful. to answer your question about 'free poetry,' i think that is it always best to post it online first and then try to publish it in zines, book forms, whichever other way. i will send you links of poets whose writing i have bought after reading it online. not today, but soon. i'd have to organize my bookmarks first.

12:45 p.m.  
Blogger MissWanda said...

Thank you for the kind compliment.

Free poetry seems increasingly a strange idea to me. Perhaps it's the word "free" that I associate somewhat oddly. I'll have to think about that.

As for publishing poems, I say if that's a person's goal, publish in any form possible that gives you pleasure. Otherwise, keep it to yourself, share with your intimates, or let it all out at readings. I guess one of the things about releasing poems is to gage reaction, engage in discussion, learn a thing or two, or, possibly the most important, to feel something.

11:32 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter